Makes Threats Less Threatening – By Making Impacts Less Impactful
- Greater security than conventional windows
- Enhanced protection for building occupants
- Meets GSA and UFC 04-010-01 blast glass standards
Our patent-pending blast-resistant panels have been designed and tested to meet and exceed stringent government, military and international building requirements to give you the beauty of glass – with the utmost protection.
Many injuries to building occupants are caused by glass fragments sent flying through the air from the force of a blast. Unlike laminated flat glass, which will often crack and sometimes release fragments during a blast, there was no cracking or loss of glass in the tests conducted on our Blast-Resistant Glass Block Panels.
Blast-Resistant Glass Block Panels
Blast-Resistant Glass Block Panels let in light, while providing privacy and protection from various levels of blast. They are the perfect choice for high-risk buildings such as military facilities, airports, government offices, embassies, courthouses, correctional facilities, arenas, financial centers, offices and other high-profile public and retail spaces.
System Security Features
- Meets GSA and UFC 04-010-01 blast glass standard
- No cracking or loss of glass during testing
- Offers enhanced protection to building occupants
- Provides greater security than conventional windows
Engineering analysis supplemented with shock tube testing performed by an independent laboratory has determined that Blast-Resistant Glass Block Panels with sizes ranging from 4' x 4' to 8' x 8' perform to an ASTM “minimal Hazard” or GSA “Performance Condition 2” or better for:
- General Services Administration (GSA) Level C and Level D
- Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) DoD Minimum Antiterrorism Standards for Buildings Type I threats at 25m and 45m standoff distances and Type II threats at 10m and 25m standoff distances
- For Petrochemical applications, a successful blast test of longer duration was also performed
Smaller and larger windows are available.